2023 Jingle Bell Legacy Ride Waiver
In consideration of the undersigned participation in the All Kids Bike Jingle Bell Legacy Ride (Ride), the undersigned hereby agrees to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Ride and any promoters; organizers; officials; advertisers; sponsors; clubs; participants; volunteers; owners; lessees; City of Rapid City, SD, or occupants of premises or property used to conduct the event; sanctioning organizations; any affiliates, subsidiaries, or parent companies thereof; including, but not limited to, their officers, employees, agents, representatives, and attorneys (collectively referred to herein as “RELEASEES”), from and against all liability to the undersigned, his personal representatives, assigns, and heirs for any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs, and expenses, including actual attorney’s fees, for bodily and/or emotional injury (including death) or damage to property, whether caused by the negligence or gross negligence of the RELEASEES or otherwise and whether based in contract, tort, or under a theory of strict liability, arising out of or in any way connected with participation in the Ride.
- Participants are prohibited from consuming alcohol or any illegal substance while participating in the Ride.
- The Ride reserves the right to decline/accept/retain any participant at any time for any reason.
- The Ride will not be canceled due to inclement weather conditions.
- Parent accepts full responsibility for any such injuries or damages which may occur to child on or about the premises or area under control of Releasees.
- The undersigned understands that the choice of wearing a safety helmet and other protective gear is solely that of the undersigned.
- The undersigned hereby grants Releasees the right to photograph, film, videotape or otherwise record images, voices, sounds, likeness, appearance, actions, names, and statements, including, without limitation, any endorsements, the undersigned may make during the presence at the event or activities set out above. Releasees shall own all copyright and other rights to the above described materials and Releasees may use such materials in any manner and in perpetuity.
- The undersigned agrees to operate his/her bicycle or other vehicle in a safe manner and not to operate it in such a way that is likely to cause harm to the undersigned, another participant, or a pedestrian.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT INDUCEMENT, ASSURANCE OR GUARANTEE BEING MADE TO ME AND INTEND MY SIGNATURE TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY THE LAW.
Parent expressly agrees that Releasees shall not be liable for any damages arising from personal injuries sustained by Parent or Participant on or about the premises of Releasees or any area under control of Releasees or as a result of Parent or Participant using the facilities and equipment therein. Parent accepts full responsibility for any such injuries or damages which may occur to Parent or Participant on or about the premises or area under control of Releasees. Parent assumes full responsibility for any injuries, damages or losses which may occur to Parent or Participant and forever releases and discharges Releasees and their owners, employees, and agents from any and all claims and/or damages.
I hereby grant Releasees the right to photograph, film, videotape or otherwise record Parent’s or Participant’s image, voice, sounds, likeness, appearance, actions, name and statements, including, without limitation, any endorsements, Parent or Participant may make during our presence at the events or activities set out above. Releasees shall own all copyright and other rights to the above described materials and Releasees may use such materials in any manner and in perpetuity.
By signing this form you are agreeing that Releasees may contact you via email or other means with relevant information and promotions. You will be able to opt out of these emails upon initial receipt.